"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face." 1 Corinthians 13:12

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back in Harness

Okay, so it's been over a month. It was a busy time, but I won't blame Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. It wasn't that the Lord didn't make His presence known. It was just that I didn't carve out the time to put together a new post. Well, here I am now and the Lord has tied me to this chair until I share this amazing view, literally from our deck.

We've gotten a lot of snow recently up here in Maine. The lake is covered with it and the snow-laden trees provide a perfect frame for the picture. I've stepped into my boots more than once to take a photo in the hopes of preserving the sense of awe at the display of God's majesty. Since what we see in this fallen world is only a reflection of His being, can you imagine the glory of the Lord?

Pause and truly reflect.

I want to see God in my life. I yearn for evidence of His glorious presence and redeeming work. In Exodus 33 a fellow servant of our King expressed a similar desire. Moses asked God to show him His glory. God responds in verse 20 and says, "No one may see me and live."

It is then recorded that God set Moses in a cleft in the rock and covered him with His hand for the passing of His glory. God granted Moses' request and protected him from the full, fatal view. This worthy follower was able/allowed to see God's back, but not His face.

I am thankful, Father, that you show appropriate amounts of your glory to me too. As I get back in harness according to the precepts of Ephesians 2:10, I ask You to prompt me to open my eyes more fully to Your glorious presence. Amen

Emmanuel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me to Exodus 33. Did you notice God's protection in covering Moses eyes as well....so that he would not be tempted to look at His face! God is truly gracious and compassionate to us!

Other places it says we will one day see Him face to face.....may the thought of heaven teach us to number our days aright.

Blessings,
Cris

~jenna said...

great photo!