"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face." 1 Corinthians 13:12

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Woe! and Hallelujah!

The Lord has been encouraging me to contemplate the connection between these two positions for more than a week. I had three other possible topics for this post, but my Honey suggested I pursue this one so here we are.

To be fair, Curt made the remark after I shared a succinct statement so it could be that he was just trying to influence the length since he feels my glimpse reports are (shall we say) a bit wordy. I responded right away that a blog post would require further explanation, but I'm going to follow Curt's lead and see how I do.

An unfolding glimpse:
God knew me and my sin-filled heart (Woe!) before the foundation of the world, and He
still chose to write my name in the book of life,
still sent Jesus His sin-free Son to pay the blood ransom for my soul,
still granted me faith by His grace that I would understand the enormity of His love and provision, and
still undertook to sanctify me for the eternal home He has prepared for me in His Holy presence. Hallelujah!

a partial list of related verses:
Ephesians 1:4-8
Revelation 21:27
Ephesians 2:4,5
Romans 3:21,26; 8:29,30

2 comments:

Lady of the Lake said...

Curt said...
Dear Lady,

That's what I'm talking about! Actually, that is a very succinct, yet, deep look at the problem of sin and it's remedy. Thank you.

Katherine said...

I agree! Nice and succinct, yet filled with meat : )